Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Quilts are Done!

I finally finished both of the kids quilts. I am so excited about them. I have debated the last year on how to decorate the kids room so it wasn't to girly, or boyish, but still cute. Anyway, I decided on the red, white and blue theme so that it wasn't juvenile. So, here are the quilts that I made them. A huge thanks to my Aunt Kay for helping me learn and to my mom for helping me with them both.

Tyson's qult is mostly blues. I made a twin size and just folded it in half while he is still in a toddler bed so that I won't have to make a new one when I finally get there bunk beds. My mom made some sheets and a pillow case for his bed to match.

Katie's is mostly reds. I used a lot of the same material but they both look so different because of the main colors of each. She loves hers. I found some Tommy sheets at Ross for only $12 for the whole set that matched perfect. I also got a new mattress pad on clearance at jcp. Total cost for both quilts, new sheets, and mattress pads for both was about $120!!! I couldn't even find a quilt for that price that I liked, plus I totally made them. WOW!!! I MADE THEM!!!

This is the window covering. It may look totally lame to you but it works. I have to used black out curtains in there room so that they will go to sleep at night. So, I made a valance to match there beds and then my mom sewed the blackout curtain material to them and we used adhesive to stick matching stars on the material. It is pretty plan but works great.

3 comments:

Karen Croft said...

I love them!!!! How in the world you found the time to do all that when you have a two year old is beyond me. Great Job!! They look awsome!!!

ShannonD said...

They look great!

Holli said...

They look so great. Great job!!!

Our Family Adventures

Click on the Quote Tab to add the Captions!