This year Jake was in Georgia at Army Airborne School for my birthday. It was a big year for me. The big 30!!!
I attempted to make myself a cake but failed miserably. I wanted to make a cake look like a box of chocolates. I made cake balls and dipped them in chocolate and decorated them to look like truffles. They were the best part of the cake. I attempted to make my own chocolate fondant to make cover the cake in. It was awful. Oh well, Katie and Tyson decorated a cake for me. That was pretty cute. 



So, that morning we had cake and ice cream for breakfast and Katie gave me a couple cards. One even had a quarter in it for me!
So then Amanda and I went to lunch at a Greek restaurant downtown to get Gyro's. They were pretty good but still not as good as in Italy.
When I got home I had a surprise flower and balloon bouquet from Sister Earl. It made my day that she would think of me. I am her visiting teacher and have grown to love her so much.
For dinner the kids and I were going to go to Applebee's but decided to wait until Jake got home. So, we just spent the night at home. But, Jared and Allie came by with little Sofia. They brought flowers and cupcakes!!! It was so nice of them to do that and then we were able to play Settlers. It was the first time I had played in over a year.
I had a good birthday and look forward to what this year will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment