It's amazing how much a 6 year old can teach you, or better yet, how much they can learn and grasp in such a short time. I will always be amazed.
For the past couple of weeks, Katie has been rambling stuff off to us about Oregon and we have just got a laugh and thought nothing more. But, tonight we learned that she doesn't just have a good imagination and a quick mouth, but she is really learning things at school. Duh!!!
They had a state fair at school and each class presented a small program about the state they had been studing. Obvisouly, Katie learned all about Oregon. Why Oregon, I'm not sure!!
Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the funny things that happened since I can't share photos because I forgot the camera.
Katie had two different parts in the program. It was teaching about Oregon using the alaphabet. This is what she said: "B is for the Beaver State, Oregon's other name. Trapped to near extinction, the Beaver still remains." and "Portland is the city of Roses, and Roses start with R. There many colors and fragrance brings people from near and far." I must say that she did the best job.
Other facts that Katie taught us that I'm pretty sure nobody else knows, or even needs to know:
- The state dance of Oregon is the Square Dance
- The state drink of Oregon is Milk (we laughed so hard when she said this when we were driving in the car. We thought she was making it up and looked it up ourselves)
- The state bird of Oregon is the Meadowlark
- Oregon has tons of Volcances but they haven't blown for a long time
I'm sure your all glad you have that knowledge now. That's your lesson for the day, I hope you feel smarter!!!
Friday, May 9, 2008
What do you know about Oregon?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family Adventures
Click on the Quote Tab to add the Captions!
2 comments:
I can't believe how quickly they grow up and how well they remember things. I hope that the Kuwait thing is a false alarm I can't even begin to imagine how hard that would be. keep us posted. Stacie
It's so funny how you THINK your child is being silly... and then it turns out she's right! Haley does this to me al the time. :P
Post a Comment