Saturday, May 16, 2009

Brace Yourself..... Another Post about Shopping!!

So it has been a long time since I posted any of my good shopping trips. I started another blog but didn't keep it up. So, I just wanted to share my challenge from today.

My challenge to myself today was to go shopping, find deals, and not out-of-pocket any more then I had in my purse. No debit or credit cards were allowed today. So I gathered my Register Rewards and gift cards along with my coupons and $18 in cash.

Before I break down my financial transactions, check out all the loot I got today!!! I love shopping for random stuff just to shop.

Babysitting
2 Colgate Toothpastes
1 Shampoo
Mentos
Candy Cow Chewy Thing
2 boxes 100 Calorie Snacks
4 Bottles of Kraft Dressing
1 box Ritz Crackers
2 boxes Ritz Bitz Crackers
All this week’s groceries (soup, cheese, butter, cream, vanilla, veggies)
5 pack Dry Erase Markers
Desk Sorter
2 boxes Suddenly Salads
3 Frosting's
1 pouch potatoes
2 packs of Yoplait YoPlus
4 bags Steamers Veggies
Lunch
½ Flat of Flowers

All this should have cost me at least $99.79!!!! Actual cost today was $13.51!!!! The biggest expense was paying for Tyson to go to the gymnastics playgroup with my friend and her son. That was $5 and then I paid $3 to eat lunch with Katie at school. The remaining $5.51 was all I out-of-pocketed today. I am super proud of myself. It was a fun shopping day. Here is the breakdown:

Walgreens-
Entered Store: $9.50 in RR’s
$13.00 in cash
I bought 2 toothpastes and some shampoo and then two filler candies. Did two transactions, spent $1.78 OOP and used $9.50 in RR’s.
Left Store: $10.00 in RR’s
$11.22 in cash
$13.26 in product
Target-
Entered Store: $11.22 in cash
I bought 4 Kraft Dressings, 2 100 Calories Snack Boxes and 1 box Ritz. I stacked a manufacture coupon and a target coupon for each item. I paid $.24 a bottle for the dressing, $.04 a box for the 100 calorie snacks and $.99 for the Ritz crackers.
Left Store: $9.19 in cash
$15.03 in product
School-
Entered: $9.19 in cash
I ate a disgusting sloppy joe lunch with Katie. I Spent $3.00.
Left: $6.19 in cash
With a stomach ache!!

Self Help Store-
Entered: $6.19 in cash
I got a ½ flat of flowers for my yard. Yeah!!!
Left: $6.19 in cash
$12.00 in flowers
Wal-Mart-
Entered: $6.19 in cash
$24.99 on a gift card
I bought all the groceries I need for the next week for only $13.14 and then a couple office supply items and crackers for the kids. I used a gift card I received from Katie’s School.
Left: $6.19 in cash
$3.87 on gift card
$24.12 in groceries and product

Dinner at a Friend’s House- $0

Albertsons-
Entered: $6.19 in cash
$3 in Catalina’s
I stocked up on several general meals items. I got frosting, potatoes, pasta salad, Yoplait, and steamers and paid $1.72. Plus, I earned another $.05 off a gallon for gasoline, totaling $.20 off for up to 20 gallons. Yeah!!!
Left: $4.47 in cash
$29.38 in groceries


I came home with $4.47 in cash and put it in our Disneyland Jar!!!

1 comment:

Stacie Lang said...

You really need to teach me how to do this!!!!!!!

Our Family Adventures

Click on the Quote Tab to add the Captions!