Monday, May 4, 2009

My Life....

Well, I was able to go to Time Out For Women in Billings last weekend. It was a lot of fun. I had fun shopping and eating and playing games and just visiting. I was also able to attend the Billings temple. We missed the session by 4 minutes so we did iniataories. I hadn't done them since I took out my own endowments almost 8 years ago so it was nice to hear all those promises and blessings again. It was a great day!

I was able to go down with my friend Shannon a day early so we could shop and be away from babies for a little longer. It was so nice. A group of ladies from our ward came down on Friday and my sister Kami and her friend drove up from North Dakota also. It was fun.

The conference wasn't what I had expected but it was a nice break.

Today I went to the HAWC and weighed in with my friend to start a competition with her for the next 5 months. It is hard not to want to sabotage her but we are both working hard together and just using a little $$$ to motivate ourselves. While I was there I started the Walk to Run program from my physical therapist. I was so proud of myself for running for 10 minutes. I started with 2 minute intervals and was able to do the cycle 5 times!!!

My feet feel good and I'm totally energized from it. After I got home Jake and I went on a little bike ride to his squadron instead of driving. I can't wait for it to get warmer so we can enjoy more time outside.

Most of the snow has melted but it is really windy today.

I started looking at my calendar today and realized that today is only the 6th day since April 2nd that Jake I have spent together. This job is so hard on us. At least when he was in Iraq he was getting paid extra money to not see me and I could have a little more retail therapy!!! But, he is home and I should be grateful that I see him as much (or as little) as I do.

I was released from RS yesterday. I am relieved to not have that responsibility but it always leaves you with a little empty feeling. I have loved serving in RS and will miss the blessings that have come with that and the friendships that I have made.

1 comment:

The Ratliff's said...

I loved catching up on your life. I've neglected our blog lately. Glad your foot is healed, awesome quilts, and the cake you made for Tyson was super cute. I think our temps hit 104 or some crazy thing last week - snow???? what's that. You'd never believe we live in the same country. Tell Jake we are planning to find a geo cache on our Memorial Day camping trip. Thinking of you guys!

Our Family Adventures

Click on the Quote Tab to add the Captions!