Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why I Get Up in the Morning?

Yesterday Jake asked me why I don't really like to do anything? Why do I get up in the morning, and what gets me excited? I am a pretty boring person. I am not really sure how to answer those questions.

I am a mom of two and a wife, and that is why I get up in the morning. I have responsibilities! I also don't really like to sleep so being awake is a better option. I'm always afraid I am going to miss something important.

I don't really have a hobby or something I just love to do. I love to go to the gym, which I cannot do for the time being and when I can, I feel guilty about the time I spend away from the family on myself. I'm pretty sure that is not healthy. I used to like to scrapbook but then I decided the only reason I like doing that was to be with other people to visit, I actually hate scrapbooking. I play the piano but get frustrated because I'm not as good as I used to be. I try and practice but little fingers always seem to find the key I need before I get to it.

So, I guess for the time being, my job as a mom and a wife is what gets me up in the morning. What better thing is there! Being a mom is a blessing and I do actually enjoy it. It's hard staying home all day when there appears to be so many more glamorous options in the world, but I am so grateful to be able to be here for my kids and raise them the way I wish.

So, while Jake seems to have so many things he wants to do with his time and thinks its crazy that I don't have a lot of interest in other things, I'm sure he is grateful for my desire to stay home and be a mom and a wife. Fishing, Hiking, Paintball, Mudding, Video Games, Camping, Painting, Reading, and everything else he loves to do is great for him to do and Katie loves being able to do all those fun things with him, but I guess I'm to practical and structured.

I'm sure there is a way to incorporate being fun and being a wife and mom but I haven't figured it out yet. Soon, I Hope!!!

1 comment:

The Ratliff's said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. You sound like me. Casey once said he wondered why I didn't have any ambition (same idea - what gets me going) beyond being a wife and mom. For now, that's just what I want. I didn't take it too well, when he said it.

Our Family Adventures

Click on the Quote Tab to add the Captions!